Digestion is an important function that transforms food we consume into the necessary nutrients. Furthermore, all these nutrients are vital for your body’s growth, energy, and cell repair. Any disturbance in the activity of the digestive system can lead to digestive disorders or gastrointestinal diseases.
The digestive system consists of the stomach, oesophagus, colon, rectum, small intestine, gallbladder, bile ducts and pancreas. If you are facing symptoms related to digestive tract disorders, try to have an online doctor consultation with a gastroenterologist in Patna to discuss your symptoms and get a clear diagnosis.
Common gastrointestinal conditions that one might face are as follows:
Gastroesophageal reflux diseases (GERD)
- GERD causes gastric acid to flow back into your oesophagus from the stomach.
- The causes of GERD are unclear, but factors like pregnancy, obesity, passive smoking, and certain medications might cause GERD.
- Common symptoms of GERD are chest pain, nausea, heartburn, pain while swallowing, and acid reflux.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a chronic digestive condition developed when the muscle of the colon compresses or changes from its normal position.
- Regular food habits, stress, food infection/poisoning, and microbial infection are some of the factors responsible for IBS.
- IBS symptoms include blood in the stools, weight loss, bloating fever or loss of appetite.
- Gallstones are formed due to an imbalance in chemical composition within the gallbladder. The stones are formed due to bile cholesterol levels being too high.
- However, most people do not produce symptoms, but some might develop symptoms of vomiting, jaundice, nausea, sweating and high temperature.
- If a person experiences chills along with a high temperature for a long duration, it is advisable to get an online doctor consultation to get immediate medical advice.
- Haemorrhoids are blood vessels that surround the anus and have expanded veins in the anal canal. They are triggered by long-term excessive pressure and irregular bowel movement.
- Irritation in the anal region, bleeding, pain near the anus, dilation of the veil, lumps and swelling are the common symptoms related to haemorrhoids.
- A chronic inflammation in the small intestine is the hallmark of Crohn’s disease. Environmental, and genetic variables are known to contribute to Crohn’s disease.
- Common symptoms of Crohn’s disease include fatigue, stomach pain, constant diarrhoea, and unexplained weight loss.
- It’s an autoimmune disorder that develops when your body’s immune system overreacts to gluten and damages the intestine if left untreated.
- Symptoms of coeliac diseases include nausea, chronic diarrhoea, gas, constipation, vomiting, and bloating
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- SIBO occurs when there is excessive bacterial growth in the small intestine.
- Low mobility, alcohol, structural differences, or low stomach acid levels might cause SIBO
- A person with SIBO might have vitamin deficiencies with no apparent cause, bloating, constipation, or diarrhoea. Symptoms might also vary depending on the type of microorganism growing.
However, if you have any symptoms consult a gastroenterologist in Patna and get an appointment. Furthermore, if you cannot meet a doctor personally, book an online doctor consultation to discuss.
Treatment of Gastrointestinal disorders
You can seek the appropriate therapy by being aware of the diagnosis that the symptoms are pointing to. In addition, you can get an online doctor consultation. Treatments for gastrointestinal disorders can vary according to the type and severity of the disorder. Some of the treatments include:
- A gluten-free diet alone might help improve a person with coeliac diseases, whereas a surgical process to remove the gallbladder or stones might be the best treatment option for someone with gallstones.
- In addition, doctors recommend medications to alleviate inflammation that occurs in conditions like Crohn’s disease or GERD.
- You can take OTC medications to relieve symptoms. However, please inform your doctor about them or any other herbal or home remedies you take.
- Apart from medications, a big part of the treatment involves lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking, following a diet plan suitable to your gut health and managing stress.
Causes of Gastrointestinal Diseases
Some of the causes responsible for gastrointestinal disease are:
- Low-fibre diet
- Irregular diet
- Narcotic and antacid medicines
- Intake of excess dairy products
- More travel
You can reduce the risk of developing gastrointestinal disorders with a healthy lifestyle. However, if you want to visit a gastroenterologist in Patna, get an appointment today to get a thorough check-up. Use Bajaj Finserv Health to book an online doctor consultation to discuss with the best medical professionals.
Go to homepage
36 total views